Building Blocks Pre-K
- This strategy can help address educational disparities, which the U.S. Department of Treasury has designated as an eligible use of SLFRF funds.
Investments in this strategy are SLFRF-eligible as long as they are made in qualified census tracts or are designed to assist populations or communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19.
- Supplemental math curriculum that uses software, manipulatives, and print material
- Embeds mathematical learning into a variety of activities
- Software includes 150 activities
- Teaching guidance is provided for all materials
Strength of evidence
Evidence level: Proven (highest tier)
Proven (highest tier)
Ranked as having the highest level of evidence by the U.S. Department of Education What Works Clearinghouse
Approximately $750 for a full set of materials
Developed in 2006
Outcomes and impact
- Positive effect on early math achievement
- Improved math achievement by an average of 36 percentile points
Keys to successful implementation
- Note: This section is under review
- Building Blocks for Pre-K must be delivered with fidelity in order to achieve positive outcomes.
- Teachers must be provided with ample professional development opportunities to master curriculum and should be evaluated regularly to ensure that model is delivered with fidelity.